- MBA Responsible Management for a Sustainable World
- UNICRI LLM
- Brandeis University/UPEACE Dual MA programme
- HUFS-UPEACE Dual Master’s Programme
- Innsbruck University
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali
- International University of Monaco
- American University / UPEACE Dual MA Programme NRSD
- Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship
- Departamento de Estudios Regionales
Environment and Development
- Environment, Development and Peace
- Responsible Management and Sustainable Economic Development
- Water Cooperation and Diplomacy - Joint Educational Programme
- International Law
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Programmes and Course Calendar
- Online Education
- Other studies at UPEACE
- Doctoral Programme
Mirian Vilela is the Executive Director of the Earth Charter International Center on Education for Sustainable Development at the University for Peace and is the coordinator of the UNESCO Chair on Education for Sustainable Development with the Earth Charter. Since 2005 she has been teaching courses on Sustainable Development, Education for Sustainable Development and Environmental Governance at the University for Peace. Mirian has been working in the field of sustainability since 1990, when she worked for the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) in preparation to the 1992 UN Earth Summit. Prior to that she worked for the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). Over the years her work involved leading numerous international workshops, seminars and courses especially in the field of values and principles for sustainability. She holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, where she was an Edward Mason Fellow. She has a B.Sc. with focus on International Trade and is currently working on a Doctorate on Education focusing her research on education for sustainability.
Vilela, M. 2010. Building a Sustainable Future for Ourselves and Our Common Home. In R.W.Y. Kao, ed. Sustainable Economy: corporate, social and environmental responsibility. Singapore: World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., pp. 237-264.
Clugston, R.M. & Vilela, M., 2010. Special Issue to mark ten years of the Earth Charter. Journal of Education for Sustainable Development, 4:2. Sage Publications.