Partnership Programme Admission
The University maintains dual-degree, dual-campus and joint programmes with high-level universities around the world. These represent interesting options because they permit students to obtain more than one degree by studying in more than one institution. Currently, UPEACE offers the following joint programmes with different partner universities:
- Dual degree/campus programme American University (USA)-UPEACE: American University students receive both an MA in International Affairs from American University and an MA in Natural Resources and Sustainable Development from UPEACE.
- Dual degree/campus programme Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Korea)-UPEACE: Both institutions award an MA depending on the students’ area of concentration in the fields of law, communications (media), and sustainable development.
- Dual degree/campus programme Ateneo de Manila University (Philippines)-UPEACE: With the support of The Nippon Foundation, students in this programme are awarded an MA in Global Politics from Ateneo de Manila University and any MA from UPEACE, depending on the student’s choice.
- Dual degree/campus programme Brandeis University (USA)-UPEACE: Students from Brandeis University receive an MA in Coexistence and Conflict from Brandeis University and an MA in International Law and Human Rights from UPEACE. UPEACE students can apply to Brandeis University to obtain the degree in Coexistence and Conflict.
- Dual degree/campus programme Pontifica Universidad Javeriana (Cali/Bogota)-UPEACE: Students from Pontifica Universidad Javeriana receive an MA in Derechos Humanos y Cultura de Paz (taught in Spanish) from that University, in addition to the possibility of applying to any MA at UPEACE and receiving a second MA. UPEACE students can apply to the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana to get their MA in Derechos Humanos y Cultura de Paz.
- Joint MA programme International University of Monaco-UPEACE: Students enrolled in The International University of Monaco obtain an MA in Sustainable Peace through Sports and can take online courses from the UPEACE online MA. They also have the choice to attend UPEACE’s main campus to take face-to-face courses.
- Joint MA programme UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education-Oregon State University-UPEACE: The University for Peace will award students an MA in Environment, Development and Peace with a specialization in Environmental Security. For its part, UNESCO-IHE will award an MSc in Water, Cooperation and Peace. Oregon State University will award students completing the programme an MS in Water Policy and Management. Additionally, students have the option of continuing on at the University of Oregon School of Law for a Juris Doctor or Master of Law degree.
- Join MA programme Addis Ababa University-UPEACE: Students enrolled in this programme receive an MA in Peace and Security.