ABAJO EN ESPAÑOL

Kampala, Uganda. September, 2017.  The University for Peace (UPEACE), through its Africa Programme, graduated its first batch of MA students specializing in Peace, Governance and Security. The 37 graduates are senior Police officers from the Uganda Police Senior Command and Staff College.

The event was presided over by Dr. Mihir Kanade – Head of the Department of International Law and Academic Coordinator of UPEACE - in representation of Rector Francisco Rojas Aravena. Uganda’s Minister of Internal Affairs, General Jeje Odong, and Uganda’s Inspector General of Police, Gen. Kale Kayihura, also participated in the graduation. The event follows a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between UPEACE and the Uganda Police Force to strengthen the capacity of Uganda Police in the area of peace, governance and security.

This Master’s programme falls within UPEACE Africa’s drive to engage the security sector after previous programmes focused on strengthening universities and research institutes in the area of teaching, training, research and publications.  The programme consciously adopts an Africa focus and is robustly transdisciplinary. Professors come from several nationalities including South Africa, Australia, Cameroon, Nigeria, Germany, Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia, amongst others. The programme is 60% subsidized by UPEACE, and the remaining 40% of the cost is covered by UPF.

For more information, contact Dr. Mihir Kanade at mkanade@upeace.org.

For more information about the University for Peace, please contact us at: Ph.: +(506) 2205-9000, email: info@upeace.org, or visit our website: www.upeace.org.


UPAZ gradúa a 37 Oficiales Superiores de la Policía de Uganda

Kampala, Uganda. Septiembre de 2017. La Universidad para la Paz (UPAZ), a través su Programa Regional en África, graduó su primera generación de la Maestría con especialización en Paz, Gobernanza y Seguridad. Los 37 graduados son oficiales de policía del Colegio de Comando y Estado Mayor de la Policía de Uganda.

El evento fue presidido por Dr. Mihir Kanade -Jefe del Departamento de Derecho Internacional y Coordinador Académico de la UPAZ- en representación del Rector Francisco Rojas Aravena. El Ministro del Interior de Uganda, el General Jeje Odong y el Inspector General de la Policía de Uganda, Gen Kale Kayihura, también participaron en la graduación. El evento fue producto de un Memorando de Entendimiento (MdE) firmado entre la UPAZ y la Fuerza Policial de Uganda para fortalecer la capacidad de la Policía de Uganda en el área de paz, gobernanza y seguridad.

Este programa de Maestría se enmarca en el impulso de UPAZ África para involucrar al sector seguridad después de programas previos enfocados en fortalecer universidades y centros de investigación en el área de la enseñanza, entrenamiento, investigación y publicaciones. El programa adopta conscientemente un enfoque africano y su robusta transdisciplinariedad. Los profesores provienen de diferentes nacionalidades, incluyendo Sudáfrica, Australia, Camerún, Nigeria, Alemania, Kenia, Ruanda, Etiopía, entre otros. La UPAZ subsidia el 60% de programa, mientras que el restante 40% lo cubre la Policía de Uganda. 

Para más información, favor contactar al Dr. Mihir Kanade al correo mkanade@upeace.org.

Para más información sobre la Universidad para la Paz, contáctenos: Tel.: +(506) 2205-9000, email: info@upeace.org, o visite nuestro sitio web: www.upeace.org.